GenAge entry for bar-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 39)
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Multifunctional protein involved in development and transcriptional regulation
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- May play a role in regulating daf-16 during dauer formation, particularly in conditions of oxidative stress. Deletion of bar-1 reduces mean (45%) and maximal (35%) lifespan.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 35% lower.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 45% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found