GenAge entry for RAD9 (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Gene information (ID: 536)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Involved in DNA damage response
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Deletion results in mutants with a 2-fold decrease in mean and maximum chronological lifespan under conditions of nutrient depletion.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean and maximum chronological lifespan is two-fold lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Necessary for fitness
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found