GenAge entry for to (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 881)
- CG11853; CT33074; Dmel\CG11853
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Overexpression of takeout in adult neurons, pericerbral fat body or abdominal fat body extends male and female life span. Expression of takeout in the adult nervous system leads to aproximately 25% increase in mean longevity. Flies expressing takeout in the head fat body have 20% extension of mean lifespan, while takeout expression in the abdominal fat body extends fly life span by 12-18%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum male lifespan is up to 13% higher; Maximum female lifespan is up to 23% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average male lifespan is up to 18% higher; Average female lifespan is up to 26% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found