GenAge entry for nuo-6 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1754)
- Protein NUO-6
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Nuo-6 mutants show slow embryonic and postembryonic development, slow swimming, slow defecation, slow pumping, a mild increase in embryonic and larval lethality, and a substantial increase in lifespan. Similar results were also obtained using RNAi. While the nuo-6, isp-1 double mutants fail to further increase lifespan, the effect of genetic mutations in one of the two genes is additive to the longevity-increasing effect of RNAi in the other gene.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is up to 80% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is up to 73% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference and/or mutations
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found