GenAge entry for nhr-8 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1952)
- Nuclear hormone receptor family member nhr-8
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- NHR-8 mutants display a 28-35% shorter lifespan than their N2 wild-type counterparts. The extent of lifespan reduction 28-35%) is dependant on the cholesterol level in their diet, however lifespan was reduced at all tested concentrations.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is up to 35% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
- Drosophila melanogaster