GenAge entry for mics-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 2011)
- MItoChondrial Scaffolding protei
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- RNA interference (or mutations) of mics-1 results in mutants with enhanced longevity when compated to HT115 wild-type controls (mean lifespan up to 54% higher). Additionally, termal stress of mics-1 mutants display lower reactive oxygen species production.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean lifespan is 54% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found