GenAge entry for dj-1beta (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 179)
- CG1349; DJ-1; DJ-1b; DJ-1B; DJ-1beta; Dmel\CG1349
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Possibly involved in the pathogenesis of Parkinson disease
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Loss of function mutation shortened maximum lifespan by 40% and resulted in increased sensitivity to oxidative stress and motor impairments.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximal lifespan is 40% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found