GenAge entry for daf-7 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 169)
- abnormal DAuer Formation
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes a member of the TGF-beta superfamily that affects dauer larvae
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutations cause up to 50% mean and maximum life-extension. This effect is dependent upon daf-3 and on daf-16 but independent of daf-2. RNA interference increased mean lifespan by 30% and maximum lifespan by 10%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is up to 50% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is up to 50% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found