GenAge entry for daf-5 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 167)
- abnormal DAuer Formation
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes a proline-rich protein that promotes dauer formation
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutation in adults reduced mean and maximum lifespan by 20%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 20% lower.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 20% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found