GenAge entry for Gadd45 (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 849)
- BcDNA:RH70774; CG11086; D-GADD45; Dmel\CG11086; GADD45
- CG11086 gene product from transcript CG11086-RA
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Overexpression of the D-GADD45 gene in the nervous system leads to a significantly increase of Drosophila lifespan without a decrease in fecundity and locomotor activity. The lifespan extension effect is more pronounced in males than in females. In addition an increase in maximum life span was detected.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum male lifespan is up to 59% higher; Maximum female lifespan is up to 50% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median male lifespan is up to 77% higher; Median female lifespan is up to 46% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found