GenAge entry for daf-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 156)
- abnormal DAuer Formation
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes a TGF-beta type I receptor homolog
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutation in adults increased mean lifespan by up to 46% and maximum lifespan by 50%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 50% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 46% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found