AnAge entry for Streptopelia risoria
Classification (HAGRID: 00518)
Class: Aves (Taxon entry)
- Streptopelia risoria
- Common name
- Ring dove
Lifespan, ageing, and relevant traits
- Maximum longevity
- 12 years
- Multiple references, please see bibliography below
- Sample size
- Data quality
These animals have been known to live up to 12 years, but possibly they can live significantly longer, perhaps even up to 20 years. They appear to exhibit a gradual ageing process.
Life history traits (averages)
- No information is available on life history. Please contact us if you wish to suggest or contribute data.
No information on metabolism is available.
-  Paredes et al. (2009), Melatonin and tryptophan affect the activity-rest rhythm, core and peripheral temperatures, and interleukin levels in the ringdove: changes with age (PubMed)
-  Paredes et al. (2006), Comparative study of the activity/rest rhythms in young and old ringdove (Streptopelia risoria): correlation with serum levels of melatonin and serotonin (PubMed)
-  Garau et al. (2006), Age related changes in the activity-rest circadian rhythms and c-fos expression of ring doves with aging. Effects of tryptophan intake (PubMed)
-  Garau et al. (2006), Age-related changes in circadian rhythm of serotonin synthesis in ring doves: effects of increased tryptophan ingestion (PubMed)
-  Terron et al. (2005), Melatonin, lipid peroxidation, and age in heterophils from the ring dove (Streptopelia risoria) (PubMed)