AnAge entry for Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Classification (HAGRID: 04243)
- Schizosaccharomyces pombe
- Common name
- Fission yeast
Lifespan, ageing, and relevant traits
- Maximum longevity
- Not yet established
These organisms undergo replicative senescence and, like in Baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), it is possible to measure chronological and replicative lifespan.
Life history traits (averages)
- No information is available on life history. Please contact us if you wish to suggest or contribute data.
No information on metabolism is available.
Species in other databases
- Genes have been associated with ageing in this organism
-  Coelho et al. (2013), Fission yeast does not age under favorable conditions, but does so after stress (PubMed)
-  Chen and Runge (2009), A new Schizosaccharomyces pombe chronological lifespan assay reveals that caloric restriction promotes efficient cell cycle exit and extends longevity (PubMed)
-  Barker and Walmsley (1999), Replicative ageing in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe (PubMed)