AnAge entry for Rana aurora
Classification (HAGRID: 00100)
Class: Amphibia (Taxon entry)
- Rana aurora
- Common name
- California red-legged frog
- Rana aurora aurora, Rana temporaria aurora, Rana agilis aurora
Lifespan, ageing, and relevant traits
- Maximum longevity
- 15 years (wild)
- ref. 503
- Sample size
- Data quality
Animals living in the north, also called Northern red-legged frogs, appear to develop slower, probably due to the colder water temperatures, and live longer. In California, maximum lifespan is probably around 10 years. Northern frogs also lay fewer eggs.
Life history traits (averages)
- No information is available on life history. Please contact us if you wish to suggest or contribute data.
No information on metabolism is available.
-  Jones et al. (2014), Diversity of ageing across the tree of life (PubMed)
-  Amphibians, California and Nevada