AnAge entry for Crocodylus palustris
Classification (HAGRID: 02890)
Class: Reptilia (Taxon entry)
- Crocodylus palustris
- Common name
- Mugger or marsh crocodile
- Crocodylus palustris palustris, Crocodylus palustris kimbula
Lifespan, ageing, and relevant traits
- Maximum longevity
- 44 years (captivity)
- ref. 1298
- Sample size
- Data quality
A female and male, both 44 years of age, have been reported living in captivity .
Life history traits (averages)
- No information is available on life history. Please contact us if you wish to suggest or contribute data.
No information on metabolism is available.
-  Weigl (2014), Longevity of crocodilians in captivity
-  Andrew Snider and J. Bowler (1992), Longevity of Reptiles and Amphibians in North American Collections, Second Edition