GenAge entry for OPT2 (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Gene information (ID: 1743)
- OligoPeptide Transporter 2
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- OPT2 deletion increases mean and maximum replicative lifespan under ad libitum. This is not further extended by dietary restriction.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 9% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 23% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
In other databases
- GenDR gene manipulations
- This gene is present as OPT2
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found