GenAge entry for ule-3 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 2158)
- Uterine Lumin Expressed/locailized
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Worms overexpressing ule-3 demonstrated a decrease in median lifespan (27%) when compared to the control. Two expression lines were used. These results were consistent for other uterine proteins. Additionally, simultaneous downregulation of ule-3, ule-4, ule-5, and ule-2 increased lifespan by 15-20% compared to the control.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is 27% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found