GenAge entry for spr-3 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1896)
- Suppressor of presenilin protein 3
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Deletion or RNA interference of spr-3 results in a short lifespan phenotype for worms. Contrarly, worm mutants with a gain-of-function mutation of spr-3 (by108) display resistance to environmental stress and an increased lifespan (by 26%) when compared with wild-type nematodes. This mutation is dependent on daf-16 and glp-1.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean lifespan is 26% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found