GenAge entry for php2 (Schizosaccharomyces pombe)
Gene information (ID: 1760)
- CCAAT-binding factor complex subunit Php2
- Schizosaccharomyces pombe (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Disruption of the php2 gene extends the chronological lifespan of the fission yeast. This effect is barely noticeable under calorie restricted conditions, suggesting that the deletion of php2 could trigger mechanisms similar with those caused by caloric restriction.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Chronological lifespan is higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found