GenAge entry for pash-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1936)
- PArtner of DroSHa (DRSH-1 interactor)
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- At 25 degrees PASH-1 mutants display a reduced lifespan (mean 31% lower). This effect is not seen at 15 degrees. The pash-1 mutation is responsible for a defective miRNA biogenesis, and miRNA sysnthesis is required for both normal lifespan and for several lifespan extension mutants (eat-2, glp-1 and cyc1).
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is 31% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found