GenAge entry for p38b (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 1831)
- 186F5S; anon-sts23; BG:DS00797.3; CG7393; D-p38; D-p38;
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- p38K-DKO adult flies appeared normal on eclosion but had a severely reduced lifespan. ingle mutants of p38Ka (p38Kadel) or p38Kb (p38Kd45) also had significantly reduced lifespan, with the loss of p38Kb resulting in a stronger phenotype.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 60% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found