GenAge entry for ovo (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 488)
- CG15467; CG6824; Dmel\CG6824; Fs(1)K1103; fs(1)K1237; F
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Transcription factor required for female germ line maintenance and gametogenesis
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- The dominant ovoD1 allele extends female lifespan by approximately 50%. It does not synergize or prevent life-extension caused by chico.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Female lifespan is 50% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
- Danio rerio