GenAge entry for old-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 673)
- Overexpression Longevity Determinant
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Tyrosine kinase receptor
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Overexpression in transgenic animals increased lifespan by about 65% and increases stress resistance without altering development or fertility.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is about 65% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found