GenAge entry for mir-34 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 2165)
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mir-34 loss of function mutant worms showed a 62% increase in mean lifespan. The worms also demonstrated a 47% increase in fast pharyngeal pumping and a 78% increase in fast moving span. Maximum lifespan was increased compared to wild type worms.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 80% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean lifespan is 62% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found