GenAge entry for met-2 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 2147)
- Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase met-2
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Met-2 downregulation in worms shortened median lifespan by 23%. Downregulation of met-2 partially suppressed lifespan extension as a consequence of cco-1 downregulation. When met-2 was downregulated along with atfs-1 it restored the lifespan of cco-1 RNAi treated animals back to the level of the wild type.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is 23% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
- Danio rerio