GenAge entry for mes-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 434)
- Maternal Effect Sterile
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Required for early asymmetric divisions of the germ line
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutation animals that lack germ cells live about 60% longer than controls.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is about 60% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found