GenAge entry for lys-8 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 420)
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes a putative lysozyme
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- lys-8 appears to inhibit the growth of gld-1 tumours. RNA interference reduced mean lifespan up to 29% in wild type animals, up to 19% in daf-2 mutants, and up to 15% in daf-2/gld-1 mutants. It also reduced maximum lifespan 12% in daf-2 mutants and 25% in daf-2/gld-1 mutants.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is up to 29% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found