GenAge entry for lin-14 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 409)
- abnormal cell LINeage
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Small noncoding temporal RNA that controls the timing of larval development
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- A loss-of-function mutation in lin-14 extended lifespan by 31% while a gain-of-function mutation decreased lifespan. The life-extending effects were dependent on daf-16 and hsf-1. Also, lin-14 is a target of lin-4.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 31% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found