GenAge entry for fgt-1 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1912)
- Facilitated Glucose Transporter
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- RNA interference of fgt-1 leads to an extended lifespan equivalent, but not additive, to that observed in daf-2 and age-1 mutant worms. Additionally, high-glucose levels reduce the lifespan of worms and this effect is not reduced by fgt-1 knockdown.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 20% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean lifespan is 25% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found