GenAge entry for dm (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 1955)
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Overexpression of dm (ortholog of the mammalian Myc) during larval development increases the frequency and the severity of somatic mutations, and shortens median lifespan by 42-47%. Maximum lifespan is 30-40% shorter. Contrastly, dm haploinsufficiency lowers the frequency of somatic mutations and extends lifespan by about 14%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is up to 40% lower.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is up to 47% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found