GenAge entry for des-2 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 175)
- DEgeneration Suppressor
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Alpha subunit of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutations in both des(bs29) and des(bs30) increase lifespan by approximately 60%.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is approximately 60% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found