GenAge entry for dct-18 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 272)
- DAF-16/FOXO Controlled, germline Tumor affecting
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- F35E12.7 stimulates the growth of gld-1 tumors. RNA interference increased mean lifespan up to 12% in a gld-1 mutant background and reduced mean lifespan by 8% in wild-type worms.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 8% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found