GenAge entry for dct-13 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 738)
- DAF-16/FOXO Controlled, germline Tumor affecting
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- CCCH-type zinc-finger protein
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Y116A8C.17 appears to stimulate the growth of gld-1 tumours. RNA interference increased mean lifespan by 23% and maximum lifespan by 20% in wild type animals. It also increased mean lifespan by 21% in daf-16 mutants and 13% in gld-1 mutants.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 20% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 23% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found