GenAge entry for daf-8 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 170)
- abnormal DAuer Formation
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes a Smad protein that represses dauer development
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutation in adults increased mean lifespan by 31% but it did not increase maximum lifespan.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 31% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found