GenAge entry for daf-14 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 158)
- abnormal DAuer Formation
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Possibly a transducer of the DAF-7/TGF-beta-mediated signal that promotes reproductive growth and ne
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Mutation in adults increased mean lifespan by up to 44% and maximum lifespan by 50%.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 50% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is up to 44% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found