GenAge entry for cgt-2 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 1922)
- Ceramide glucosyltransferase 2
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- RNA interference of CGT-2 (F20B4.6), a glucosylceramide synthase, results in both mean and maximum lifespan extension.
- % change in max lifespan
- Maximum lifespan is 24% higher.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Mean lifespan is 40% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found