GenAge entry for bus-8 (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Gene information (ID: 660)
- Bacterially Un-Swollen (M. nematophilum resistant)
- Caenorhabditis elegans (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- RNA interference decreased median lifespan by 58% in wild type animals, 81% in a daf-2 background and 45% in daf-2/daf-16 double mutants.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Median lifespan is 58% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- RNA interference
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found