GenAge entry for bam (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 836)
- alpha; Bam; BAM; Bam-C; BamC; BamF; CG10422; Dmel\CG10422
- bag of marbles
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Drosophila Bam overexpressing mutants have an extended lifespan due to germ cell loss.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average female lifespan is up to 50% higher; Average male lifespan is up to 27.8% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found