GenAge entry for TPK2 (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Gene information (ID: 681)
- PKA2; PKA3; YKR1
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Encodes protein kinase A catalytic subunit.
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Deletion of TPK2 in a tpk1 and tpk3 double mutant background extends lifespan by approximately 25%.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is 25% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found