GenAge entry for RPS18A (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Gene information (ID: 575)
- ribosomal 40S subunit protein S18A
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Protein component of the small (40S) ribosomal subunit
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Deletion of both RPS18A and RPS18B paralogs increased replicative lifespan by 15%.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Replicative lifespan is 15% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found