GenAge entry for Parp1 (Mus musculus)
Gene information (ID: 1010)
- PARP; PPOL; ARTD1; Adprp; Adprt1; C80510; parp-1; sPARP-1
- ADP-ribosyltransferase (NAD+; poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase)
- Mus musculus (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- hPARP-1 mice exhibit impaired survival rates accompanied by reduced hair growth and premature development of several inflammation and age-associated pathologies, such as adiposity, kyphosis, nephropathy, dermatitis, pneumonitis, cardiomyopathy, hepatitis, and anemia. Mutant male mice showed impaired glucose tolerance, however without developing manifest diabetes. 25% reduction in mean lifespan was observed. No difference in maximal lifespan compared to wt was observed.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Average lifespan is 25% lower.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found