GenAge entry for Ilp6 (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 1756)
- CG14049; dilp; Dilp; DILP; Dilp; 6; dilp-6; dilp6; dILP6; D
- Insulin-like peptide 6
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Conditional expression of dilp6 abdominal fat body extended lifespan in females maintained on a low-yeast diet but not on high-yeast diet. Conditional expression in head fat body modestly increased lifespan in females upon high-yeast diet but decreased it upon low-yeast diet. No detectable effect was seen for males on any diet. Conditional expression with ubiquitous drivers and ubiquitous RNAi resulted in shortened lifespan. Overexpression by a conditional pan-neuronal driver or fat body RNAi have no effect on lifespan.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is up to 15.6% higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found