GenAge entry for Cat (Drosophila melanogaster)
Gene information (ID: 91)
- bs36h11.y1; cat; CAT; CatA; CATA; CG6871; CT21282; DMCATH
- Drosophila melanogaster (AnAge)
- Known functions and activities
- Protects cells from hydrogen peroxide
Potential relevance to longevity and/or ageing
- Overexpression of catalase and Sod1 result in a one-third lifespan extension, a slower rate of mortality acceleration, and a delayed loss in physical performance.
- % change in avg or median lifespan
- Lifespan is one-third higher.
- Lifespan Effect
- Genetic Manipulation
- Longevity Category
- Primary reference
Homologs in other organisms
No homologs found